Ketogenic Diet- A Detailed Beginner’s Guide to Keto
Ketogenic diet means a person consumes a diet which is
low in carbohydrates and rich in fats and this type of diet
has many health benefits and it turns out to be a good weight loss diet plan
Over 20 studies show that following this diet can improve
your health and help you lose weight .Ketogenic diets may
even have benefits against diabetes, cancer, epilepsy and
Lets begin with our guide ,
What is a Ketogenic diet ?
This weight loss diet plan basically involves drastic reduction of
carbohydrates which causes your body to go into the state
of ketosis in which fats are used by our body to provide
energy instead of carbohydrates . There can be reduction
of insulin and sugar levels in the blood , this is replaced
with increased ketones which have a lot of benefits and this is why it is best diet plan to loose weight.
Different Types of Ketogenic Diets
Ketogenic Diet have different versions.
● Standard ketogenic diet (SKD): This is a very low-carb,
moderate-protein and high-fat diet. It typically contains 75% fat, 20%
protein and only 5% carbs
● Cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD): This diet involves periods of
higher-carb refeeds, such as 5 ketogenic days followed by 2 high-carb
● Targeted ketogenic diet (TKD): This diet allows you to add carbs
● High-protein ketogenic diet: This is same as standard ketogenic
diet, but includes more protein. The ratio is often 60% fat, 35% protein
and 5% carbs.
However, only the standard and high-protein ketogenic diets have been
studied extensively for weight loss. Cyclical or targeted ketogenic diets are more advanced
methods and primarily used by bodybuilders or athletes.
Health Benefits of Keto
Ketogenic diet can help a person get better if they are
suffering from any neurological disorder or epilepsy
Many studies support the fact that this diet have health benefits
● Heart disease: This Diet keep your HDL cholesterol,Sugar level and BP in check
● Cancer: It can help to slow tumor growth and researches are being
made of how much the diet is useful in several types of cancer .
● Alzheimer’s disease: The keto diet may reduce symptoms of
Alzheimer’s disease and slow its progression
● Epilepsy: There are research proving evidence that the ketogenic diet can cause
massive reductions in seizures in epileptic children
● Polycystic ovary syndrome: Insulin level plays vital role in Polycystic ovary syndrome
which can be checked by this diet.
● Face care: It makes your skin more clear as diet plays a major role in that.
For getting the Tips to have clear skin please check our this article as well
How to get Clear skin
Foods to Avoid
So the Keto Diet is based on cutting carbs from diet which is mail goal.
● Sugary foods,Grains,Fruits,Potatoes,Alcohol,Sauces and Ketchup
Foods to Eat-
You should base the majority of your meals around these foods:
● Meat,Fish,Eggs,Butter,Cheese or Paneer,Avocado,Nuts
Keto Meal Plan For 1 Week
● Breakfast: Bacon, eggs and tomatoes.
● Lunch: Baked chicked,Cheese or paneer
● Dinner: Salmon with asparagus cooked in butter.
● Breakfast: Egg and cheese omelet
● Lunch: Milk and peanut butter shake
● Dinner: Meatballs, cheddar cheese and vegetables.
● Breakfast: Omelet with mushrooms, broccoli, and peppers
● Lunch: Shrimp salad with olive oil and avocado.
● Dinner:Cajun spiced chicken breast with cauliflower rice and Brussels sprout
● Breakfast: Omelet with avocado, salsa, peppers, onion and spices.
● Lunch: Shrimp and avocado salad with tomatoes, feta cheese, herbs, lemon
juice, and olive oil
● Dinner: Chicken with vegetables
● Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with jalapeños, green onions, and tomatoes
sprinkled with sunflower seeds
● Lunch: Beef stir-fry cooked in coconut oil with vegetables.
● Dinner: Bun-less burger with bacon, egg and cheese.
● Breakfast: Ham and cheese omelet with vegetables.
● Lunch: Tuna salad with tomatoes and avocado plus macadamia nuts
● Dinner: Stir-fried chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and peppers, with homemade
● Breakfast: Fried eggs with bacon and mushrooms.
● Lunch: Burger with salsa, cheese and guacamole.
● Dinner: Steak and eggs with a side salad.
For better weight loss always try to change the vegetables and meat over the long term and have
different combinations, because it
provides different nutrients and health benefits
Keto flu are a bunch of symptoms a person can
experience at the beginning of the diet , these symptoms
are similar to flu as the body is adapting to new changes
which it is experiencing .
There are some ways through which you can reduce these
- Stay Hydrated
- Avoid Strenuous Exercise
- Get good amount of sleep
- Reduce the intake of caffeine
- Get up early
This weight loss diet plan is made by health experts and calories should be calculated first
If these foods are hard for you to get or it is impossible for you to follow then Please let us know
We will try to make a simple version for you.