Acne is basically a skin condition in which the oil glands are involved .
They normally occurs during puberty when the sebaceous glands activate but it can even occur at any age. Acne is not dangerous but it can leave scars on the skin how to cure acne is a big problem in teenagers. Having Clear skin will give you confidence and will take you to different level.
At least 85 % of people in India have experienced acne which lies under 12-24 age group.
Acne usually appears on the face ,forehead , chest , upper back and shoulders as these are the places which
have more amount of sebaceous glands.
Types of Acne
There are different types of acne
- Whiteheads – Which occurs when the pores are clogged and the pores are closed
- Blackheads – Occurs when pores are clogged but are open so they oxidize with the air and they start to look black.
- Papules – Small red bumps
- Pimples – These are papules but they are filled with pus
- Nodules – Solid large lumps which are painful and are present under the skin
- Cysts – Pus filled lumps under the skin
Causes of Acne
There are a few factors which can cause acne
- Hair Follicles clogged by oil and deadskin cells
- Excess sebum production
Hair follicles are basically small sacs which produce sebum which is basically oil . Pimples basically grow when the
follicles are blocked and oil builds up under the skin . Skin cells , sebum and hair can clamp together and form a plug and this plug can even be affected by bacteria.
Even some Hormonal Changes can cause acne this usually happens when the level of androgen increases in our body. Due to high level of androgen oil gland which are under the skin grow, this increases the production of sebum oil and excess sebum can cause bacteria to grow in the pores as it breaks down cell walls in the pores.
Home Remedies to Cure Acne
You need to take care of your diet as scientists have found out that consuming vitamin A,Vitamin E and zinc
can lower the risk of acne. And if you are having a severe form of acne you should take a low glycemic diet to cure Acne.
A food glycemic index is basically a measure of how quickly this food raises blood sugar. Studies have shown eating
a high GI diet increases the production of sebum.These food items are white bread, soft drinks , cakes , donuts ,
sugary items . So you should avoid having these products and the food products which have a low glycemic
index are fruits , vegetables, nuts and grains , you can increase the use of them in your daily diet. These are all
just studies made by researchers. A detailed further research is still needed to confirm that certain diet restrictions actually help in treating acne or not. For weight loss balanced diet plan Click here
2.Use of Moisturizers
Moisturizers which contain Aloe vera gel can have a soothing and anti – inflammatory effect which can help you
with treating your acne.
3.Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil helps to fight with bacteria and also reduces inflammation of the skin . And most of the studies show that applying 5 % tea
tree oil to the skin Cure acne . You should always dilute the oil with water and then apply on your skin. Apply it at least 1- 2 times a day for effective results.
4. Apply Green Tea to Your Skin
A few studies show that polyphenols in the green tea can reduce sebum production and therefore can help to cure acne .
You can boil green tea in water for 4 – 5 minutes and then allow it to cool and then by using cotton pads
you can apply it to your skin or use a spaying bottle and spray it all over your face , allow it to dry and then rinse with water.
5. Making a Face Mask for curing acne
You can make a face mask using honey and cinnamon as they are antioxidants and they can help fight the bacteria and rescue inflammation. It’s very easy to mix this mask just take 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix it together and then apply it to your skin where you have acne and wash your face after 15 minutes.
6.Use of Apple Cider Vinegar
It can fight bacteria and contains a lot of organic acids which can help fight acne. You can mix 1 part of apple cider
vinegar with 3 parts of water and then apply it to the affected area using a cotton pad , let it sit for 20 seconds and
then wash it with water. Repeat this procedure at least once daily to remove acne effectively.
Few Hacks to remove pimples overnight
If pimples are giving you headache then crush is by Aspirin, Yes you heard it right.
Crush the Aspirin tablet and mix that powder with few drops of water. Apply it on pimple and leave it overnight.
Aspirin is anti inflammatory in nature thus will help in reducing the size of pimple.
Applying Toothpaste on pimple
Everyone has Toothpaste in there house,Applying toothpaste on pimple will dry out that area and will help in removing pimple.
Just apply toothpaste directly on pimple and leave it overnight.However we will not suggest you this if your skin is very sensitive.
Active ingredients which can help in removing acne
While shopping for moisturizers or creams to help you fight with acne you can always look at the ingredients which they contain ,as now I am going to list some effective ingredients which help you to fight with acne . So look for them once you are buying a product at the store.
- Sulphur – its helps to unblock the pores
- Benzoyl Peroxide – slows the production of sebum and kills bacteria
- Salicylic Acid – helps in breakdown of blackheads and whiteheads and helps to reduce swelling
- Retin- A – helps to unblock pores
- Resorcinol – helps in breakdown blackheads and white heads
Best Acne Face wash to buy in India
- Himalaya Neem Facewash -Soap free facewash Suitable for all skin types and specially for oily skin.
- ST. D’VENCE Essential Tea Tree Oil and Neem Face Wash– With no artificial fragrance added this facewash will leave you with very fresh skin
- Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash-Dermatologically tested facewash suitable for both Man and Woman
- VLCC Alpine Mint And Tea Tree Gentle Refreshing Face Wash-Made in India facewash with tea tree Oil , recommended for Man
- Garnier Men Oil Clear Clay D-Tox Deep Cleansing Icy Face Wash– A well know brand for its pimple free products, This face wash is designed for tough skin and it leaves your skin completely oil free after use
The remedies I have shared with you can help you to treat mild form of acne at home but if you are having moderate or severe form of acne , it’s always better to consult a dermatologist who can help you with giving you a course of antibiotics and may prescribe you with gels or creams too.
Hope How to cure Acne article will be helpful for you and will help you in curing your pimples. Feel free to give your valuable feedback and to ask the questions if any.